Terms of Website Use
Games Workshop Limited
Information about us
This site is operated by Games Workshop Limited (we or our or us or GW).
We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 1467092 and have our registered office at Willow Road, Lenton, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2WS, England.
Our VAT numbers can be found here.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Your access to our site is dependent on you consenting to our use (and certain third parties) of cookies in connection with your visit to the site. More information can be found in our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of stalking, harming, harassing or abusing, or attempting to stalk, harm, harass or abuse any person in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To transmit any material that is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, likely to deceive any person, or which infringes the rights of any third party.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, or copy any part of our site without our express permission.
- Not to provide information that is inaccurate, fictional or misleading.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by trademark and copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The trade marks depicted on our site are owned by us or our licensors.
All materials on this site, including but not limited to images, artwork, text, audio clips, and video clips, are, unless otherwise stated, owned and controlled by GW and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or unauthorized use of the materials for any purpose is a violation of our legal rights. The unauthorized posting of any of our intellectual property, including any images of our products or other artwork on any other website, including, but not limited eBay, Amazon or Craigslist is strictly prohibited.
Downloadable Material Licence
These are the terms and conditions that apply when you receive electronic artwork, wallpapers, game rules, PDF files or other material downloadable from the GW website or through the GW email subscription service(“Downloadable Material”). The parties agree that in consideration of your use of the GW website and/or the GW email subscription service, GW grants you a licence to use the Downloadable Material on the following terms:
This licence is made between: (1) Games Workshop Limited, Willow Road, Lenton, Nottingham, NG7 2WS, United Kingdom (“GW”); and (2) the recipient of material downloaded from GW’s website (“You/you/Your/your”) together being “the parties”.
- GW grants to you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the Downloadable Material in the following ways:
1.1 to store the Downloadable Material on any number of electronic devices and/or storage media (including, by way of example only, personal computers, e-book readers, mobile phones, portable hard drives, USB flash drives, CDs or DVDs) which are personally owned by you; and
1.2 to access the Downloadable Material using an appropriate electronic device and/or through any appropriate storage media.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you are ONLY licensed to use the Downloadable Material as described in paragraph 1 above. You may NOT use or store the Downloadable Material in any other way. If you do, GW shall be entitled to terminate this license.
- Further to the general restriction at paragraph 2, GW shall be entitled to terminate this licence in the event that you use or store the Downloadable Material (or any part of it) in any way not expressly licensed. This includes (but is by no means limited to) the following circumstances:
3.1 you provide the Downloadable Material to any company, individual or other legal person who does not possess a license to use or store it;
3.2 you make the Downloadable Material available on bit-torrent sites, or are otherwise complicit in ‘seeding’ or sharing the Downloadable Material with any company, individual or other legal person who does not possess a license to use or store it;
3.3 you print or reproduce in any physical format and distribute hard copies of the Downloadable Material to any company, individual or other legal person who does not possess a license to use or store it;
3.4 you attempt to reverse engineer, bypass, alter, amend, remove or otherwise make any change to any copy protection technology which may be applied to the Downloadable Material;
3.5 you use, or allow another company, individual or legal person to use, the Downloadable Material commercially or in relation to any business or business activities.
- You acknowledge that all copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights in the Downloadable Material are, and shall remain, the sole property of GW.
- On termination of this licence, howsoever effected, you shall immediately and permanently delete all copies of the Downloadable Material from your computers and storage media, and shall destroy all hard copies of the Downloadable Material which you have derived from the Downloadable Material.
- GW shall be entitled to amend these terms and conditions from time to time by written notice to you.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and shall be subject only to the jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales.
- If any part of this licence is illegal, or becomes illegal as a result of any change in the law, then that part shall be deleted, and replaced with wording that is as close to the original meaning as possible without being illegal.
- Any failure by GW to exercise its rights under this licence for whatever reason shall not be in any way deemed to be a waiver of its rights, and in particular, GW reserves the right at all times to terminate this license in the event that you breach paragraph 2 or paragraph 3.
Reliance on information posted
Any materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely.
Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
We do not warrant that the site, its content or the server that makes it available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of this website will be uninterrupted.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group companies and any third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- If you are a California resident you waive California Civil Code §1542
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. In such cases, our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Information about you
We collect information about you in accordance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy. Subject to your express consent on entry to our site, you accept these Terms of Website Use and to our collection of information about you in accordance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy. You warrant that all data provided by you is accurate,genuine and lawful.
Purchases concluded through our site
Purchases though our site are governed by our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and other laws. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our website, or any page within it for personal (non-commercial) reasons, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to us using the contact details set out below.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have not reviewed all of these sites and we have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We do not endorse or make any representation about them and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Suspension and termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your rights to use restricted parts of our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs, liabilities and losses on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach. You hereby agree to indemnify us in this respect.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Social Media Image Terms
We at Games Workshop love to see pictures of our hobbyists enjoying the hobby. Thank you for your interest in submitting your photo, caption and/or other content (collectively, “Photo Materials”) for use on the website and social media pages run by Games Workshop Limited and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Games Workshop”, “GW”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
This is a legal agreement between you and GW which governs our use of the Photo Materials you submit to us. You should read it carefully. If you do not agree to it, do not submit any Photo Materials to us.
- Terms of Agreement
- Where will my Photo Materials and Personal Information be Displayed?
- Your Photo Materials will be displayed on the GW website with your social media username and profile picture thumbnail (as long as your social media account is not set as private) alongside it, and these will be featured on our home page, on a gallery of the images and also on the relevant product page if the Photo Materials feature a specific product. By submitting your Photo Materials you acknowledge and permit this use of your username, thumbnail and Photo Materials.
- Grant of License to GW
- You hereby represent, warrant and covenant to GW that you own all right, title and interest (including copyright) in the Photo Materials and shall not infringe any third party’s rights whatsoever, including intellectual property rights.
- You hereby grant GW a non-exclusive, transferrable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license and right to use, archive, stream, copy, distribute, publish, modify, create derivative works of, and otherwise exploit, in whole or in part, your Photo Materials in any manner or medium now known or hereafter devised. This exploitation may include, without limitation, use of your Photo Materials to endorse GW or third-party products and services. Additionally, you further grant GW a non-exclusive, transferrable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license and right (but not the obligation) to exploit your social media username, social media thumbnail (e.g. a profile picture), and any other materials or information you submit to GW in connection with your Photo Materials.
- You hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights to seek or obtain any injunctive or other equitable or compensatory relief against GW for its use or exploitation of the Photo Materials or your social media username, or any other materials you submit in connection with your Photo Materials as licensed herein, as well as any claims for moral rights.
- You agree that you will not receive any compensation for GW’s exploitation of the Photo Materials and GW has no obligation to use any of your Photo Materials. GW may remove your Photo Materials from the GW website or social media sites at any time. GW will not return Photo Materials to you.
- Other than as provided in this Agreement, you will retain ownership of all rights in your Photo Materials.
- Representations and Warranties
- You represent and warrant that: (a) you have the full right, power, and authority to enter into and fully perform the terms of this Agreement; (b) you are the sole human subject depicted in the Photo Materials; (c) no persons under the age of eighteen (18) years of age are depicted in the Photo Materials;(d) you own or are authorized on behalf of all applicable rights holders to submit the Photo Materials and make all the grants of rights in this Agreement; (e) your Photo Materials do not contain or link to any malicious code or content of any kind; (f) you have all the applicable rights and authority to grant GW the rights granted herein; (g) you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and the terms of this Agreement; (h) your Photo Materials do not contain any material that depicts nudity; is sexually explicit, profane, defamatory, or obscene; pertains to violence, discrimination, or illegal activities; or is offensive, harassing, or threatening; (i) your Photo Materials do not infringe or violate the rights of a third party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, right of privacy, rights of publicity, or moral rights or any applicable laws or regulations; and (j) your Photo Materials do not contain any trademark, logo, brand name or trade name (or variations or parodies of them) of any company or person other than GW .
- Remember me on this device
- The ‘Remember Me on this Device’ function
- When you log in to our website, you will see a ‘remember me on this device’ checkbox, alongside a brief description of this functionality. Should you tick this checkbox, we will remember part of your account information and what you had in your basket for when you next visit the site on the device and browser you are using when you tick the checkbox. We will still require you to enter your password when accessing sensitive areas of the site, such as your account section, or the checkout process.
- We do not recommend, and advise against, using this function when using a shared device or when using a public device, such as you might find at an internet cafe or library. Should you do so, a limited amount of your account information may be accessible to others using that device.
- If you do activate the ‘remember me on this device’ checkbox on a device, and subsequently do not have access to it, your account will remain secure. Other users on that device will not be able to access your detailed account information, or checkout, without entering your password. Please be aware that some browsers and devices may save passwords if you prompt them to, and that if you lose access to a device which you have saved your password on before, we always recommend resetting your password. You can do this in the “My Account” section of the site, after you have logged in, or by using the “Forgotten your password?” functionality on any login page.
- Data Protection
- You agree to defend and indemnify and hold GW , its affiliates, and sublicensees, harmless from and against all third party claims and all liabilities, losses, costs, or damages resulting from or arising out of (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) your infringement of the rights of a third party, or (c) the content of your Photo Materials.
- To the extent permissible under applicable law, GW disclaims responsibility for and will not be liable for: (i) technical problems or malfunctions that affect the GW website, social media sites or viewing of the Photo Materials; (ii) lost, faulty, illegible, distorted, jumbled, garbled, delayed, or intercepted or otherwise un-received, Photo Materials or data transmissions; (iii) unauthorized tampering, interference, hacking activities or viruses, bugs, worms or illicit code; or (iv) any condition beyond GW ’s control.
- The marks of any relevant social media sites are the property of their respective companies and the social media sites are not affiliated with GW. Any submission via these or other social media sites are subject to all rules and regulations of such sites. If you choose to submit your Photo Materials using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply.
- This Agreement, including all claims relating to or arising hereof or breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute arising from, related to, or connected with this Agreement will be resolved by the Courts of England.
- You may not assign this Agreement in whole or in part. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns.
- This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between you and GW with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, representations, understandings, or agreements not specifically incorporated herein.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
To the fullest extent permissible;
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us using the contact details set out here.
Thank you for visiting our site.